Buying an air conditioner is easy. A person checks the features and facilities that the air conditioner provides, checks the budget, and finally buys it. The buying process is easy. The hard part is the repairing part. After buying the air conditioner, it will certainly have any technical problems after a few months or maybe a few years, but at such times, the company staff leaves our hands.
If you are one of those, who have faced this issue before and are now looking for a reliable company that will stay with you even after the air conditioner is bought, check out the range of air conditioners provided by Temperature Humidity Air Quality Solutions. They have a vast range of air conditioners with various latest features and specifications, but the Goodman air conditioner repair service is top tier. All of its users recommend it. We shall summarize the prices of Goodman air conditioners and the factors involved in the installation prices in this article.
On average, the installation cost of a Goodman air conditioner is between $3,350 and $5,2000. This average price depends on the size, performance, and efficiency of the air conditioner installed. The following table gives small yet precise information regarding the models offered in the Goodman air conditioner range.
|Model||Top SEER||Performance||Equipment Cost||Total Price|
|GSX13||14||Single stage||$1,565 – $2,515||$2,765 – $5,340|
|GSX14||15||Single stage||$1,690 – $2,635||$2,890 – $5,460|
|GSX16||16||Single stage||$1,785 – $2,750||$2,985 – $5,575|
|GSXC16||17||2 stage||$2,050 – $3,600||$3,335 – $6,400|
|GSXC18||19||2 stage||$2,300 – $3,925||$3,585 – $6,825|
The above table clearly shows that Goodman’s air conditioners’ prices are the lowest and the most competitive in the HVAC market. Now, the differences in the prices of these models depend on some factors, which are described below:
- System size: For a model that requires a larger system size, that model’s cost increases accordingly.
- Compressor stages: The two stages offered by Goodman are single-stage and 2 stage compressors. A two-stage model has a low capacity of around 65%. However, a single-stage model has 100% capacity. The two-stage models have a higher cost due to better dehumidification, efficiency, and temperature balance.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of Goodman’s air conditioners is between 14 and 19. Models with high-efficiency rates are costlier, but this cost is compensated in warm weather by lower electricity bills.
- ComfortBridge Technology: The air conditioner and furnace give data to the ComfortBridge thermostat, and it, in turn, changes the model’s performance accordingly.
Just like some factors affect each model’s cost, some factors affect the installation of the air conditioner. Some of the factors are discussed below:
- Job difficulty: If the air conditioner is installed at tough-to-reach places like on the roof, or a pad for the air conditioner has to be installed first, the overall installation will increase.
- During installation, air conditioners installed during the winter season or autumn season will call in for a lower installation cost as it is the off-season for air conditioner suppliers. But if the air conditioner is to be installed in the peak days of the summer season, the installation charges will be on the higher side.
- Cost of living: Air conditioners installed in areas with a higher cost of living will invite a higher installation cost.
- Ductwork condition: If the ducts needed to be replaced due to their poor condition or any other reason, the installation cost would add up the extra rate of $10 – $18 per linear foot.
Goodman air conditioners also provide their customers with individual and personalized features so suit all types of houses. If someone in the house has breathing issues or has house wrap, Goodman has separate extras to offer minimum installation costs.
|Cabinet Filters||$375 – $500|
|Electronic Filters||$550 – $750|
|Humidifiers||$600 – $2,000|
|Dehumidifiers||$950 – $1,7000|
|UV Air Cleaners||$400 – $625|
|ERV and HRV Ventilators||$2,800 – $6,000|
|Duct Repair||$2 – $4 per foot|
|Duct Replacement||$10 – $18 per foot|
There are also a variety of products that Goodman provides its customers with. Some of the major products offered by Goodman are:
- Filtration: Filters are an important factor of air conditioners. Goodman provides its customers with a diverse range of filters.
- Media filters in cabinets: MERV 11 and 13 are there to buy. Customers can choose these filters in many cabinet styles. This depends on the airflow through the HVAC system.
- True HEPA cabinet filters: These filters offer the best air quality after cleaning. They can clean up to 99.97% of particles of 0.3 microns.
- Electronic air cleaners: These filters have four filtering stages, like media, electronic cleaning, and activated carbon. This filter can clear the particles of 0.1 microns.
- Humidification: Goodman produces steam air and evaporative humidifiers. These models cost less and can be used in houses of size 3,500 square feet. Steam humidifiers should be used for very large homes as they produce a lot of moisture.
- Dehumidification: Customers can use dehumidifiers in the spring and autumn season when they want dry air and not cool air.
- Purification: Purifiers are UV air cleaners that use a UV bulb to remove bacteria and mould spores. They are of two types:
- Coil cleaners are placed above the indoor coil.
- UV air cleaners are placed in the ductwork to clean the air in the ducts.
- Ventilation: A house with a tight envelope does not have enough fresh air. If you have a house with tight ventilation, you can use Goodman’s heat recovery ventilator (HRV) for cold weather and energy recovery ventilator (ERV) for other weathers.
Keeping all the above factors in mind, customers can clearly understand that the air conditioners and its facilities provided by Goodman are the best in the HVAC market with minimal prices. Interested buyers can search for a Goodman HVAC technician near me to contact a technician and get their Goodman air conditioner installed or repaired.