Air conditioners have been a summer essential since their innovation. They help us survive the scorching heat of the sun and keep us comfortable throughout the season. Air conditioners being mechanical equipment requires proper maintenance and servicing in regular intervals. If one fails to do so, the air conditioner can get damaged and stop working, creating havoc during summers.
After getting an AC installation in Corpus Christi, TX, many measures must be taken to prevent failures or obstructions in the system. People suggest tons of practices that claim to keep your air conditioner efficiency. However, not all advice is true. It is wise to consult the technician you called for an air conditioning installation in Corpus Christi, TX, for your air conditioner queries.
Shade Or No Shade?
Amongst all the myths and suggestions, a frequently recommended tip is to shade the outside unit of your air conditioner. A lot of homeowners get confused about whether covering your exterior air conditioning unit helps in increasing the efficiency of the air conditioner or not. Let’s clear all doubts today –
- You must have heard people and experts saying that shading your condenser unit will help in increasing the energy efficiency of your air conditioner by 10% and help in the better functioning of the system.
- This is a belief because the heat from the sun, which directly falls on the outside air conditioner unit, is claimed to reduce the functioning capacity of the air conditioner. Also, some people cover their condenser unit to protect it from dust and debris.
- However, this is not the case. Shading your condenser unit can be harmful to your whole system. Your outdoor air conditioner unit is structured to be resilient parts of the system. They can withstand extreme weather quite easily.
- The shading we often use to cover the unit lacks ventilation areas, encouraging moisture buildup and eventually breaking down the equipment.
- Moreover, these shades become a safe shelter for little animals nearby, who have no shelter during winter.
Areas Where You Can Consider Shading
If you got an AC installation in Corpus Christi, TX, for a room-sized air conditioner, then you can consider using shade. These window air conditioners are relatively smaller and do not require much space for airflow. Using shade to increase the efficiency of the air conditioner may work.
If you are extremely keen on shading your unit, you can consider shading your entire house. You can add landscaping that provides shade throughout your yard and enables a cooler microclimate. You can increase the energy efficiency of the system and create a cooler environment simultaneously.
Ensure to avoid shading your condenser unit, to prevent any damages or failures in the future. At Temperature Humidity Air Quality Solutions, we provide all kinds of HVAC services, and our team of technicians is highly skilled. To book an Air Conditioning Installation in Corpus Christi, TX, contact us today!