The lifespan of an HVAC system, whether made by a brand like Goodman or any other company, varies on a number of factors. On average, you can expect a well-maintained HVAC setup to run optimally for over a decade. There are instances of people being able to run such a setup for more than 20 years. On the other hand, you can also find examples of users facing frequent troubles with their HVAC setups. When your own system runs into trouble, you will look for a Goodman HVAC technician near me.
Factors that Can Affect the Lifespan of an HVAC System Directly
It is necessary that you learn about the factors that can directly impact the longevity and performance of an HVAC system.
- Usage Pattern– This is an obvious factor! How you use the AC and furnace impacts their performance level as well as longevity. A well-maintained AC can run for 10 -12 years or more. For a furnace, this can be as long as 15 to 18 years. In a number of cases, the HVAC setup may be run for 20 years.
- Periodic Maintenance – This is yet another important factor affecting your HVAC system’s lifespan. No matter if it is a Goodman AC or AC made by any other brand, regular cleanup and maintenance are necessary. Without timely maintenance, the furnace and AC will develop snags. Dirt, dust, and insect habitats can impact the longevity of their components.
- Location – If you live in a seaside region, the air will be humid and saline. This will corrode the HVAC system components faster. This is something you cannot help actually.
- Improper Installation – If the AC or furnace is not set up properly, it can lead to many problems later. The devices will be stressed and their longevity will be hampered. If the rooms are not well sealed, for example, the device longevity will be affected adversely.
- Improper Capacity Calculation – Before you can install a furnace and AC in the home, the capacity of the devices has to be assessed with care. If you install a small-sized AC ina large place or room, it will struggle forever to offer the required cooling. This will stress the device and shorten its expected lifespan. The added energy bill will be another hassle.
Find the Best Agency to Maintain Your HVAC System
For a homeowner, looking after the HVAC system may not be easy. Sometimes, you may not be able to figure out the issues that are plaguing the system. To ensure your Goodman HVAC system runs for a long time and offers optimal performance, you should look for Goodman HVAC service near me.
You must find companies that are well versed in offering HVAC system installation and replacement. Licensed and reliable HVAC service agencies have to be chosen in this regard. If you do not have enough time to compare these agencies, just go for Temperature Humidity Air Quality Solutions. If you would like to know more about its services, please call at (361) 287-7032 .