Is My Compressor Fan Broken?
There’s nothing worse on a hot day than your AC not working. The compressor fan in an AC motor is responsible for circulating air through the system. Because this vital part determines the temperature of air that comes out of the AC, it is easily the most used part in the system and most prone to breaking down. This makes it all the more important to know when your compressor fan is broken and needs repairs.
Signs your compressor fan is broken.
- The fan won’t move – In the event that your AC does turn on, but your fan won’t move, it’s a clear sign that there’s a problem with your motor. If this happens, your AC is at risk of breaking down and should be shut off immediately.
- The fan won’t stop – The opposite is also true. If you’ve turned off your AC, but the fan keeps on spinning, there’s a problem with either of the two instruments: thermostat or the relay switch. Replacing a thermostat should fix the problem, but if it doesn’t, then the relay switch is stuck and won’t let the fan stop.
- The fan runs randomly – Regardless of the speed or temperature you set, the fan should always move at a smooth, fixed speed. If you notice it changing speeds randomly or even turning on/off at irregular intervals, the unit might be facing an electricity issue.
- The fan runs too fast/too slow – This might be caused by a problem with the electricity supply. Electricity issues should never be investigated by yourself because there is a chance of electric shock or short circuit, instead, contact a technician.
- Rattling noises – A constant rattling noise is an indication that there is a part in the motor or the compressor fan that isn’t fixed properly. This can also occur because of wear-and-tear, which will lead to cracks or complete breaks. Other similar noises might also be an indication that perhaps the motor is being used too much and might need a replacement to keep the machine working properly.
What to do next?
The best thing to do if your compressor fan is broken is to turn off your air conditioner and contact us. The experts here at Temperature Humidity Air Quality Solutions will be more equipped to narrow down the reason you’re facing a problem with cooling. We will be able to diagnose the issue and get your home cool again, f ast!
If you’re a resident of Corpus Christi, contact Temperature Humidity Air Quality (THAQ) Solutions for this problem. Our team members have been providing affordable, long-lasting repair and installation service in the city and neighboring areas for almost 50 years!