What Heat Pump Maintenance Consists Of:
If your home has a Heat Pump, you need to undertake specific Heat Pump maintenance procedures throughout the year to protect the functionality and efficiency of your equipment.
- When necessary, replace the air filter. While taking into account any unique aspects of your home that can increase the frequency of changes, such as pets or smoking inside, check the filter manufacturer’s recommended frequency.
- All year round, keep the outer coils clean. Turn off the unit’s power before using a hose to remove dirt.
- To ensure optimal airflow, keep vegetation at least 24 inches away from your Heat Pump.
- Never keep anything close to your outside Heat Pump. This includes outdoor toys, lawn equipment, and patio furniture.
- In the winter, clear the exterior of your unit of snow and ice. These guard against damage and let air freely enter the appliance.
- To get rid of obstructions that can lead to mold growth and water damage to the nearby regions, flush the unit’s condensate pan and drain.
Each year, furnaces and air conditioners need maintenance. Heat Pumps need to be maintained twice a year because they perform both heating and cooling duties: once before the heating season and once before the cooling season. The following inspections are carried out by our professionals during professional maintenance to make sure your unit is prepared to handle the demands of the upcoming season.
- Checking for damage to the components.
- Confirming appropriate airflow.
- Calculating the charge of the refrigerant and locating leaks.
- Inspection, cleaning, and, if necessary, tightening of the electrical terminal
- Motor lubrication.
- Checking the belts.
- Examining switches and controls.
- Making sure the thermostat is communicating properly.
Once a month, or as needed, clean or replace the filters, and maintain the system in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Filters, coils, and fans that are dirty cause the system’s airflow to decrease. Reduced airflow harms your system’s compressor and lowers system performance.
Every home in Corpus Christi needs to maintain its Heat Pump, and Temperature Humidity Air Quality Solutions is here to help you with the same. Your system will deliver dependable heating and cooling at costs significantly lower than air conditioners or furnaces with the proper maintenance throughout the year. We can help you with the same (361) 877-5072.