HVACs are getting smarter with smart homes, but our appliances require a good old reset even then, especially after a power outage.
Here is a Simple Guide to help you Assist in Identifying the Problem Beforehand
1. Check Whether it is the Air Conditioning unit that is Causing the Problem
Often, we forget to check other electrical appliances at home that might be causing our AC to overload itself. Check for signs if the breaker is the problem.
A circuit breaker is a safety device designed to protect an electrical circuit from damage to the electrical appliance.
2. Ensure the Maintenance of the Parts Inside
The moving and electrical parts inside an AC need to be checked if the mechanical components are functioning flawlessly to maximize the performance of your air conditioner unit.
3. Clean the Air Conditioner
Check for clogged air filters and dirty coils. Dirty air filters, condenser coils, and evaporator coils will reduce the unit’s performance. A decrease in efficiency can cause it to overload itself.
It will lead to other problems such as overheating and cost you higher electricity bills as it consumes more power than usual.
4. Replace Old Air Filters
Air filters usually have a lifespan. One-inch (25.4 mm) filters usually last up to 3 months. AC replacement is recommended every 45 days. The standard recommendation is to replace them every 3 to 6 months. Media filters last up to 1 year. Fiberglass filters- 30 days. It is advisable to check your unit’s air filter type and size as it varies from brand to brand.
5. Check for Short Circuit
Your AC will stop functioning in case of a short circuit. Check if it is an underlying cause.
How Do you Reset your AC Unit?
1. You can start by turning off the unit with the help of a thermostat.
2. Search for the breaker box- An electrical circuit breaker panel is the main distribution point for electrical circuits in your home. It is a metal panel placed against a wall.
3. Shut down the AC unit at the breaker.
4. Wait for some minutes and switch the breaker on.
5. Switch on your unit at the thermostat after 30 minutes.
6. After waiting for 30 minutes, set the thermostat to ‘cool’ mode.
7. You can also look for an inbuilt reset button on your AC unit to make it all the easier. Usually, it is a big red button on your outdoor unit.
When Should you Call for Corpus Christi Air Conditioning Repair?
Facing problems while dealing with your air conditioner? THAQ is here to help! It is not uncommon for your Air Conditioner unit to break down in summer. There might be a dozen reasons causing your system to break down. We at THAQ solutions are always there for you. Our experts and skilled technicians provide 24-hour emergency services to our customers.