In general, all that matters about the HVAC system is that it keeps producing the cool, refreshing air you rely on to keep your home cool. We will talk about the fan motor, a vital component of your air conditioner. Your air conditioner is rendered useless without a working fan or furnace blower motor.
This could indicate that you require the help of air conditioning contractors Portland TX, for furnace repair or that you should investigate the cost of blower motor replacement. Either you won’t get any air, or you’ll get a lot of it. We’ve compiled a list of everything you should know about an AC fan motor, including how to spot indicators of a defective motor and keep it from failing sooner than it should.
If the fan isn’t working correctly, you won’t feel air coming out of your vents, and the air conditioner coils will freeze over. As a result, if you want your air conditioner to work, you must keep it in good working order. To see if your air conditioner’s fan motor is bad, follow these simple steps for AC inspection Portland TX.
The Steps Are:
- Make sure the thermostat is turned on. Is the heat turned on? It’s one of the leading causes of individuals believing their air conditioner is broken.
- Look for the circuit breaker panel and see whether a breaker has tripped. There are three settings on each breaker switch: On, Off, and Neutral. If the air conditioner breaker is in the off position, move it to the center neutral position before turning it back on.
- Professionals like air conditioning contractors Portland, TX, advise replacing the air filters. Replace them if they’re caked with dirt and debris. Airflow will be blocked by clogged air filters, resulting in a chain reaction.
- Look at the outer fan to see if it’s rotating. Examine the condenser unit from the outside. You can hear the compressor and see the fan blades rotating if the air conditioner is turned on. There’s a problem if the AC is switched on and the blades are still not moving.
- Are the fan blades obstructed? Return to the house and turn off the air conditioner. Then go back outside and try to move the fan blades with a screwdriver or similar instrument inserted into the slits on top of the condenser unit. This is to see if they’re spinning freely or if something impedes their movement, such as a fallen branch.
- If the blades move freely, turn the AC back on and kick start the fan blades again with your tool. If they start operating once you manually create them, the blades are good, and the capacitor is the issue.
- Look over the AC capacitor. This will necessitate using a capacitor tester. Turn off the power supply.
It’s not comfortable to be without air conditioning in the heat. Call Temperature Humidity Air Quality Solutions at 361-287-7032 if your air conditioner needs repair or needs AC inspection in Portland, TX. Our skilled technicians will get your air conditioning up and running in no time. Drop us a mail here.